Friday, March 22, 2024

🎮 Gamer Goddess Grievances

I've been contemplating getting into game modding but I'm not particularly good with tech and I don't have the patience to learn. Until today, apparently.

I've been playing The Sims for well over a decade but I've recently gotten into using The Sims to illustrate stories. I write a story and then build Sims that look like the characters. I create houses or other types of lots to use as sets and then use custom designed poses or animations to take pictures to illustrate the story.

Since I started, I've been frustrated by the available towns for Sims to live in. Either there aren't enough empty lots or lots of the right type. I need a town has space for a city downtown with high-rise apartments as well as suburban areas. I thought I found a custom world that would work for My purposes, but unfortunately the creator put a lot of odd sized lots in the world and then did something with the routing that makes it impossible to delete the odd size lots and replace them with standard sizes.

So guess who got fed up and started creating Her own custom world? Yep, that would be Me. Too bad the majority of the tutorials for this type of modding don't make any sense. I would give a lot for just one tutorial by a professional writer who knows how to explain things in simple terms without leaving out any steps. That would be great. 🙄

No comments:

Post a Comment

👨‍🍳 I Love A Man Who Cooks

I just finished a late lunch with My new boy toy. Ladies, get you a Puerto Rican man who can cook . You won't regret it. 🤤 Subs send t...