Thursday, August 7, 2014

I Learned a Thing - ASMR


Browsing around Tumblr yesterday, I stumbled across a song called "Weightless" by the band Marconi Union that is scientifically proven to be the most relaxing song ever. Apparently, this song is so relaxing that drivers have been warned not to listen to it while they're behind the wheel. If you enjoy ambient music, such as tracks by Brian Eno or Aphex Twin (two of My personal favorites), you might enjoy the song. I've included it at the end of this post.

One of the people who reblogged the Tumblr post mentioned using ASMR - Autonomous sensory meridian response - for relaxation. I had no idea what ASMR was, so I had to look it up. Apparently, there are several types of sounds, such as whispering or nails tapping, that trigger a tingling sensation in certain listeners.

I had no idea this was a thing.

I have to admit it's an interesting concept. I use the fan setting on a small space heater to create white noise so I can sleep. If I don't, I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep all night. Now I'm wondering if I have ASMR triggers. So far, I haven't found any, although I do find the sound of paper crinkling pleasant. I just don't experience the tingling other ASMR fans report. Maybe I haven't found the right sound yet.

So now I've got a new thing to research and explore. I've been watching YouTube videos tagged with ASMR and I'm thinking about experimenting with making some of My own.

Have you heard of ASMR? Do you have any ASMR triggers or use other types of sound to relax? Comment and tell Me about your experiences.



"Weightless" - Marconi Union

No comments:

Post a Comment

💳 I Maxed Out My Boy Toy's V-Card

I recently started dating a guy who's quite a bit younger than I am. He's also never had sex before, despite being in his mid-20s....