Tuesday, August 12, 2014

R.I.P. - Robin Williams

Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)

Yesterday, the world lost someone very special. Actor Robin Williams died in his home from apparent suicide. Mr. Williams was a brilliant actor and comedian who touched many lives through his movie and television appearances. I will miss him, as will countless others, and My condolences go out to his family and close friends.

In the wake of this tragedy, I'm taking the opportunity to post some phone numbers and websites I hope will be helpful to others who are, themselves, struggling. If you are one of those people, please reach out to someone and ask for help. I know it's hard. Depression isn't merely profound sadness. In the deepest reaches, it's an overwhelming numbness that saps the will to even continue breathing. Asking for help can be a daunting task, but please make the effort. You are worth it, even if you don't think so right now.

If you believe a loved one may be in crisis or are in crisis yourself, there are resources that can help. You're not alone.

In the U.S., call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
In other countries, visit Suicide.org to find a hotline in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

👨‍🍳 I Love A Man Who Cooks

I just finished a late lunch with My new boy toy. Ladies, get you a Puerto Rican man who can cook . You won't regret it. 🤤 Subs send t...