Wednesday, September 10, 2014

30 Days of Books - Day 10


A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

As a general rule, I don't start reading books that I think I won't like. I experience varying levels of interest or possibly different types of interest, depending on the subject matter. As I've said before, I read some books for research and some for entertainment. The books I read for research are often dry or deal with a subject that I'm not passionate about, but I need to learn about for a specific reason.

However, there have been some books I enjoyed much more than I expected. I make a point of reading classic literature and banned or challenged books. One of My favorite books I read because I wanted to be able to say, "yes, I've read that," rather than because I had a burning desire to read it, was Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm not a huge fan of absurdist fiction but I literally laughed out loud while I was reading Slaughterhouse-Five. I may not be a fan of absurdist literature as a whole, but I'm definitely a fan of Vonnegut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

👨‍🍳 I Love A Man Who Cooks

I just finished a late lunch with My new boy toy. Ladies, get you a Puerto Rican man who can cook . You won't regret it. 🤤 Subs send t...