Saturday, September 27, 2014

30 Days of Books - Day 27

If a book contains ______, you will always read it (and a book or books that contain it)!



I tend to go through phases where I'll read a lot of books with a similar theme, but eventually the theme changes and I stop reading that type of book, so I can't fill in the blank. When I was a tween/teen, the theme was unicorns. Later, it was vampires (yes, even the sparkly ones). Other genres include novels set in prehistory, such as Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel, science/medical thrillers such as those written by Robin Cook, and novels with dystopian settings such as The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.

Right now, My reading habits are kind of all over the place and don't have an overarching theme, so I can't fill in the blank. However, I can say if a novel involves paranormal romance and/or has something interesting to say about the human condition, I'll be far more inclined to read it.

What's your go-to genre or theme in a novel? What type of story will you always read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

🎮 Gamer Goddess Grievances

I've been contemplating getting into game modding but I'm not particularly good with tech and I don't have the patience to lea...