Tuesday, September 9, 2014

30 Days of Books - Day 9


Most overrated book

Anything by Ernest Hemingway. Or James Joyce. Or Virginia Woolf. Can I just pick an overrated genre? If so, I choose literary modernism. My creative writing professors at university were in love with this movement as the basis for crafting the literary fiction we were taught to write. 

The entire genre is comprised of an endless series of non-events. Pick a modernist story, any story, and read it. Godot will arrive and New York will sleep before anything remotely resembling action takes place yet, somehow, academia has deluded itself into elevating this tripe to the status of high art.


The only thing modernist lit is good for is curing insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

👨‍🍳 I Love A Man Who Cooks

I just finished a late lunch with My new boy toy. Ladies, get you a Puerto Rican man who can cook . You won't regret it. 🤤 Subs send t...