Monday, September 1, 2014

30 Days of Books - Day 1


The best book you’ve read in the last 12 months

Kiriel's copy of "A Game of Thrones"
I had a hard time picking the "best" book I've read in the past 12 months. My reading habits fall into two categories - research and entertainment. I read a lot of nonfiction, either when I'm researching a topic for a story or when I'm preparing to tackle a new task. This year, I've been doing a lot of research, from gardening to reading about life in the French foreign legion. I don't know if I'd call any of those books "good" although they were informative.

However, during My recent illness I wanted some lighter entertainment so I started re-reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. If you're familiar with the HBO series Game of Thrones, you should really read the novels on which it's based. So much better than the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

👨‍🍳 I Love A Man Who Cooks

I just finished a late lunch with My new boy toy. Ladies, get you a Puerto Rican man who can cook . You won't regret it. 🤤 Subs send t...