Sunday, September 14, 2014

30 Days of Books - Day 14


Favorite male character

Kiriel's copy of Swallowing Darkness by Laurell K. Hamilton

One of My favorite series is the Merry Gentry novels by Laurell K. Hamilton. There are a lot of male characters in Laurell K. Hamilton's novels and I love quite a few of them. But the one that stands out above the rest is Doyle, aka "Darkness." He's a sidhe* warrior and ends up being Merry's lover. Merry is a fairy princess and heir to the throne. Doyle is a fitting consort to be king to her queen.



*Sidhe - the high-court fey in Celtic mythology; similar to J. R. R. Tolkien's high elves in the Lord of the Rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

👨‍🍳 I Love A Man Who Cooks

I just finished a late lunch with My new boy toy. Ladies, get you a Puerto Rican man who can cook . You won't regret it. 🤤 Subs send t...