Thursday, September 18, 2014

30 Days of Books - Day 18


Favorite book turned into a movie

I've been struggling with this post for days. Some of My favorite movies are based on books - The Princess Bride, Mrs. Doubtfire and Stage Beauty to name a few - but I haven't read the books from which they're adapted. I have no idea how true to the book the adaptations are.

Then there are the books I adored...and the movie version was abysmal. Take, for example, Hideaway. Awesome Dean Koontz novel; four out of five stars, if we're giving ratings. But the Jeff Goldblum movie based on it? Epic. Fail.


There doesn't seem to be any in-between here. Either I loved the movie but haven't read the book or I loved the book and hated the movie. I don't want to talk about a book I love that's been turned into a movie unless I enjoyed the adaptation too because I don't want to promote a movie I loathe.

With that in mind, I guess the book-movie combo I enjoyed most is K-PAX by Gene Brewer. This is one of the few times I liked the movie better than the book. But then, the movie adaptation stars Kevin Spacey, who is always awesome in everything.

What's your favorite book-turned-movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

👨‍🍳 I Love A Man Who Cooks

I just finished a late lunch with My new boy toy. Ladies, get you a Puerto Rican man who can cook . You won't regret it. 🤤 Subs send t...