Thursday, September 4, 2014

30 Days of Books - Day 4


Favorite book of your favorite series OR your favorite book of all time

Kiriel's well-loved copy of Exile's Gate by C. J. Cherryh
Today's post was hard to write. Asking Me to choose My favorite book is like asking Me to choose My favorite air molecule. READ ALL THE THINGS!!!

I finally settled on Exile's Gate since this is the book that introduced Me to My favorite author, C. J. Cherryh. I was in high school and attending some sort of summer camp/leadership seminar that was supposed to prepare Me for college or something like that. The conference was one of those utterly useless and entirely forgettable things that middle-class parents ship their kids off to so they can "build character" or some BS, I don't even know.

The point is that I was bored out of My mind and decided to walk down to the corner drug store to find a book. Exile's Gate happened to be sitting on the rack. Although I'd never heard of the author, the cover art by Michael Whelan intrigued me. After reading the blurb on the back, I decided to buy the book.

Best. Decision. Ever.

What's your favorite book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

👨‍🍳 I Love A Man Who Cooks

I just finished a late lunch with My new boy toy. Ladies, get you a Puerto Rican man who can cook . You won't regret it. 🤤 Subs send t...